Job Role: Studio Manager
About Limbic Cinema
Limbic Cinema is an award-winning multimedia creative studio that uses light and video design to create unique experiences that immerse, entertain and move audiences. Our mission is to create meaningful and memorable encounters that provoke thought, inspire awe and ignite curiosity in audiences, empowering people through art, design and storytelling. We collaborate with internationally recognised clients such as Eden Project and Bristol Old Vic, and exhibit work worldwide at festivals such as Vivid Sydney and Sundance Film Festival.
Our small company has grown organically over the last 8 years. The core team – consisting of 4 founding directors – are now looking for someone who shares our values and wants to help grow the business with us as a key part of the team.
Creating a culture of equality is central to our company values. We believe creative businesses can help empower and enrich individuals and communities, whoever and wherever they are. We know that further growth and success for our company will best flourish from a diverse workplace that reflects the range of communities we serve and incorporates a variety of views and experiences. We will continue to build an inclusive culture that celebrates diverse voices, through the stories we tell, and the individuals who tell them.
Limbic Cinema’s studio/office space is based in central Bristol, near the Arches on Gloucester Road, with good transport connections by bus and train.
The job role
The Studio Manager at Limbic Cinema will carry out a range of duties supporting the wider operations of the business. This will include day to day administration, new business development, client and external partner liaising and assisting the directors to deliver the long term business strategy. The below list of responsibilities is an initial outline and we expect the right candidate to take the role and evolve it in line with their strengths and what the business needs.
The most important thing is that you are organised, motivated and share our values for community, equality and the environment, and share our passion for storytelling, communicating and immersive digital technologies.
Business Development (alongside the directors)
- Develop new sales & funding opportunities
- Monitor new and existing markets
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships
- Fielding Enquiries
- Prepare pitch documents using our templates
- Representing Limbic Cinema externally
- Helping to deliver a strategy of raising the company’s profile
- Writing grant applications / raising funds
- General day to day operations of the studio (e.g. ensuring company insurance and statutory information is up to date and making bookings and purchases)
- Monitoring key milestones related to project delivery (broad view)
- Chairing weekly general meetings
- Communicate with team members to help facilitate long term company objectives
- Support junior staff & interns
- Communicate with freelancers (with the support of the team)
- Contribute to and feed back on our business strategy
- Monitor and evaluate against our objectives
- Plan and schedule to support our objectives
Key Skills and Experience
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Competent, proactive, highly responsible and well organised
- Keen to take on and shape a new role within a growing organisation
- Calm & adaptable. Ability to get the job done within an evolving context.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about digital media and live events and their ability to communicate and impact social issues
- Knowledge of our creative markets
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, PDFs, Word documents, scheduling and project management software.
- You can effectively negotiate, persuade and lead with confidence and empathy
- You’re a people person. You’re approachable and care about the teams you work with and can build collaborative relationships with them in order to understand problems and overcome them together
Desirable (but not essential!) Skills and Experience
- Adobe Indesign
- Experience in sourcing, briefing and onboarding freelancers onto projects
- Knowledge of video/animation production workflow
- Knowledge and experience of the live events and/or creative multimedia sectors
- Marketing experience – e.g. social media posting, drafting of press releases
- Experience with Google suite – G-drive – g-docs – g-sheets
- Confidence with public speaking
Conditions of employment
32 hours per/week
£26,000 (pro rata)
- Flexible working (from home and in studio)
- Event Passes / Guest Tickets
- Training / Personal development
- Access to equipment for personal projects
- Cultural trips
- Cinema nights in or studio
How to respond
Please send a CV and covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) that demonstrates how you match up to the person specification outlined above, and some information about why you feel you would fit the role best. Please also include 2 referees that we can contact following the interview, one of which should be your most recent employer.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age and will make any reasonable adjustments to the interview process and our operational procedures to make it accessible. Please tell us about any particular requirements you have to enable you to attend an interview at the point at which we contact you to invite you to interview, and not at the initial application stage.
Deadline for applications is midnight on 9th of May
Invitations to interview sent by e.o.d 12th May
Interviews will be held on the 17th & 18th May
The position is available to start from the of 1st June, or as soon after that as the successful candidate is able to start.